I know what it’s like to have a busy schedule, and nobody wants to get up at 5AM to workout. Those extra few minutes (or hours) of sleep are basically sacred. So here are a few workout ideas you can put in motion while getting ready in the morning, without sacrificing any extra time.
- Stretch in the shower. The warm water will loosen up your muscles and allow you to increase your flexibility with time. Plus, stretching wakes up your body, which makes you feel more awake in turn.
- Do squats while brushing your teeth. If you get into the habit of doing this every day, you’ll see results within a couple of weeks! I like to do regular squats while I brush my teeth in the morning and plie squats while I brush my teeth at night. You can also opt for a wall sit.
- Balance on one leg while you blow-dry your hair. You can even invest in a balance disk to intensify your workout. Start by standing on one leg, then switch halfway through.
- Squeeze a small ball to tighten your inner thighs. While styling your hair, place a small inflatable ball between your knees. Squeeze your knees together, then release, still keeping pressure on the ball. Repeat as many times as possible. You’ll be feeling the burn by the time you’re done with your hair!
- Do a wall sit while applying makeup. This may not work for everyone, depending on the layout of your bathroom. However, if you’re able to do a wall sit and still see the mirror, go for it! Wall sits are great for your legs, butt, and abs.
- Use your kitchen chair for tricep dips. If you’re waiting for your coffee to brew or for the microwave to go off, utilize that kitchen chair to fit in a quick arm workout.
- Calf raises and single-leg raises can fit in to nearly any part of your morning routine. You can do them while blow drying your hair, while brushing your teeth, while waiting for your breakfast to cook … the list goes on.
Ready to work out? Let me know what you think of these ideas in the comments below!