Having curves and a nice booty seems to be all the rage these days. Here I’ve compiled quite a few different exercises that are perfect for toning your glutes. Feel free to mix and match these exercises for your own customized workout–or challenge yourself by completing all of them! Keep in mind that you can often add weights to these exercises to push yourself even more, but this workout is one that you can do without even leaving home.
- Squats. Duh. These are usually the first exercise that comes to mind when you think about working out your booty. But don’t limit yourself to the basic squat! Plie squats, sumo squats, and jump squats are all great ways to tone your muscles. Squat pulses make any squat more intense as well.
- Lunges. Again, this exercise is basically a given. Do forward and backward lunges, as well as side lunges, to mix it up.
- Glute bridges. Lay on your back and left your pelvis until your legs are at a 90-degree angle. You can do these with your feet together or apart to target different muscles. Another variation is to raise one leg while performing the exercise.
- Donkey kicks. These are actually pretty fun and a great way to tone your butt. Start on your hands and knees and kick one leg until it’s positioned at a ninety-degree angle. Do this several times on each leg.
- Fire hydrants. These are the same concept as the donkey kicks, but you pull your leg out to the side rather than kicking it up.
- Wall sits. Lower yourself into a sitting position on a wall and stay there as long as you can. You’ll definitely be feeling the burn.
- Butt kicks and high knees. These are also a great way to get your heart rate pumping.
What’s your favorite booty-toning exercise? Let me know in the comments below!