If you’re looking to lose a few pounds, cardio (along with healthy eating) could be a great choice! I’ve collected my favorite cardio exercises below. As with all of my workout posts, mix and match your favorite exercises to create your own customized workout–or try to do them all if you’re looking for something more intense!
- Jumping jacks. We all know how to do these!
- High knees. As simple as they sound.
- Burpees. I think we all remember these from gym class *shudders*. If not, check out the diagram below.
- Mountain climbers. In an extended plank position, bring one leg up to your chest, then the other. This is meant to be a cardio exercise to get your heart pumping, so keep the pace up.
- Jump rope. Whether you actually have a jump rope or not, the motion of jumping rope is a great cardio exercise.
- Butt kicks. Just like high knees, these are as simple as they sound.
- 180-degree jump squats. Start in a squatting position, then jump and rotate your body 180 degrees, landing in a squat position.
- Crazy jacks. Start with your arms up at ninety-degree angles, as if you’re forming a box. Lift your left leg to the side at a ninety-degree angle and bring your left elbow to it, then jump to perform the motion on the other side. Aside from being a great cardio exercise, this also works your obliques!
- Star jumps. Start in a squat position, then jump into the star position and return to a squat.
- Plank jacks. Start in a standard plank or extended plank position, then jump your feet in and out as if you’re doing jumping jacks.
- Go on a run/jog/walk. This is one of the best ways to fit cardio into your day, especially if you stay consistent. Start with whatever you’re comfortable doing–don’t feel like you have to run miles on your first day!
- Dance. Whether that means playing Just Dance (or some other dancing video game) or just turning on some music and dancing around the house, there’s no doubt that this is a great way to get your sweat on while also having a lot of fun!
What’s your favorite cardio exercise? Let me know in the comments below!