I’m a bit of a neat freak when it comes to organizing my clothes (I have a lot of them). I thought I’d share my organizational system to help out anyone who can’t seem to figure out the perfect way to keep their clothes in order!
Here are a few basic tips:
- Separate shirts into categories: plain shirts, nice shirts, sweaters, etc. Find a place for each category. For example, I have two drawers of my dresser devoted solely to sweaters (no clue how I managed to attain so many sweaters this year). I also hang all of my nice shirts on a clothing rack I recently purchased. My plain shirts are organized into solid colors and prints, and each category has its own shelf.
- Separate pants into jeans, leggings, sweats, and work pants. I keep my jeans and leggings in a drawer in my dresser and my sweats on a shelf. I also hang my work pants/nicer pants in my closet.
- Hang up all cardigans, jackets, dresses, and skirts. Something I started doing in the last year that has really made a difference in my clothing organization is actually hanging up items like nice shirts and cardigans–no more wrinkly clothes! Plus, hanging things up makes it much easier to find exactly what you’re looking for rather than digging through drawers.
- Organize your shoes. I keep my heels and boots on a shelf under my clothing rack and store my sneakers and flats in an over-the-door organizer in my closet. They’re easily accessible but don’t take up any of my floor space, which is great.
- Invest in organizational items. It’s worth it! In the past year, I purchased a clothing rack as well as an over-the-door shoe organizer and some closet shelving. All of these items have really helped me stay organized when it comes to my clothing, so I’d recommend this to anyone who has a lot of clothing and doesn’t know exactly what to do with it!
Do you have any tips about clothing organization? Let me know in the comments below!